Rich in cultural heritage, the peshtemal is a traditional Turkish towel commonly used in hammams (Turkish baths). Today, this versatile piece is often used as a beach or bath towel, a scarf, throw, wrap or even as a knotted bag.
The ela is handwoven on a loom by family ateliers. It is made from heavy-weighted textured cotton, and finished with a hand-twisted and knotted fringe. The peshtemal is garment-dyed and then stone-washed, releasing the natural starch that makes it so soft.
Ela adds a burst of colour when draped over a bathtub or chair or rolled in baskets. It makes a super-soft blanket scarf, or it can be rolled to fit into a shoulder bag and used as a gym, swimming or yoga towel. Absorbent and quick-drying, its flat weave means it is more antimicrobial than traditional towels so requires less laundering.
The ela comes with a 20-year Lüks Linen replace or repair guarantee.
handwoven ela peshtemal | gorse
- 90cm x 180cm
- Ethically made from 100% OEKO TEX certified Turkish cotton
- 20-year Lüks Linen replace or repair guarantee
- Please note, as this is a unique, handmade product there may be slight colour and size variations
- Handwoven by family ateliers
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use